Wednesday, January 4, 2017

a thought on change

It seems to soon to write another post because not all that much has actually happened. But since I am sitting in an airport waiting for my next flight I figured I would make another short post just so that I have something to do.


My main thought right now is how I evidently hate change. I mean I know I am hugely blessed to be able to go on a trip like this, and I know in the end I will enjoy it and probably treasure many memories made on this trip. However when it finally came time to go I found myself really not wanting to go. I was just far to focused on the bad parts of the trip. I was to focused on all the freedoms and comforts I was leaving behind in order to go on this trip. The same thing happened to a lesser extent when I went to Arrowhead Bible college a few years ago. Even though I had been looking forward to Arrowhead for a long time when it was finally the week or two before I left I started feeling like I really didn't want to go. After I got to arrowhead I had that same feeling for the first few hours but before the end of the first day at Arrowhead I already loved it there. I am sure that is how it will work out with this trip to. I guess I just don't like change so every time I have a big event in my life that is going to bring about change I start to feel very uncomfortable about it. I guess this is probably pretty normal just not something I would have said about myself until now. Yet when I hear of other people getting to travel I always find myself feeling jealous and wishing I could go on big trips like them but then when I have the opportunity to go I suddenly realize just how much I am leaving behind and how much I don't want to go. However I do at least tend to get over this feeling fairly quickly after leaving on trips so that at least is good.

Other then that realization there is not that much new to report on. I left Montana early this morning then flew to Salt lake then to L.A. where I am now sitting in LAX. this layover in LAX is something that I am sure I will remember for a long time because I was able to spend it in a private Delta lounge. I have a 10 hour layover here so it is a big blessing that I am able to spend the 10 hours in a very nice private lounge instead of in the busy noisy part of the airport. But I will remember this trip  for a long time because getting to stay in a lounge like this has always kind of been something I wanted to do. I mean it wasn't like a huge desire but every since I first saw a private airport lounge in a movie I thought it looked like it would be super cool to get to spend time in one while traveling. The desire to be able to spend time in lounges instead of just setting at a gate in the airport was just made greater by watching Casey Neistats Vlogs on youtube and getting to see some of the ones he goes to. So yeah other then getting to have an amazing time in this lounge that I am currently setting in, there not much else to say.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment